Monday, December 14, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

I wanted to read this book before I found out too much about it during it's movie release. Also I heard it's an excellent book and is listed as the people's choice for one of the best books of all time. So I had some elevated expectations and I have to say that it did deliver.

It took me a while to get my head around the whole time travelling thing. The skipping from time to time and getting to know what age is Henry currently speaking and where everyone is. But once I got into the groove of the book I very much enjoyed it. Yes it is a book about love but it's done in such a great way that brings a romance book to a whole new level.

I really enjoyed the lead female character of Clare who was not overshadowed by the strong presence of Henry and his time traveling. I liked the aspect that Henry showed vunerability at his dealing with his genetic disease. Even though this book is considered a romance, the characters do not fall into the typical romance novel stereotypes and because of this are a pleasure to read.

Yes it is a bit unrelistic and througout the book you do realise this at some points however it is written well which enables you to forgive this and overlook it.

I really enjoy reading books that are totaly different than anything out there and this book was one of them. I really enjoyed it.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment