Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hello and Welcome to my book review blog.

I will be reading and reviewing books that are on the top 100 list of all time. I will also be reading and reviewing books that have received praise and seeing if in my opinion they deserve it. I love to read and have a sickness of not being able to stop reading a book even if it is terrible as I have a loyalty issues. I always think that it might get better on the next page (even though it sometimes never does). I do however stop reading a book if it becomes physically and mentally impossible, but it does need to be pretty bad. I have had a few of those in the 100 list so I hope it’s not one of your favourites.

To please me, you have to have a good storyline with engaging characters. Otherwise why am I reading it? Also you need to evoke some sort of emotion in me, which also can include anger, of absolutely hating a character. Books that teach me something get extra points, and not being able to put it down is another winner. If you are a book reader, you know when you are reading a good book, because you think about it during work, dream about it during sleep and feel that you are a part of it somehow. It affects your current life and you feel a strong connection with all the characters. My rating system is 1 to 10 and I like all genres of books if they fulfil the above conditions.

I will be giving my honest opinion about any book and selecting them based on what I feel like reading. There is no structure to my selection.

Hope you enjoy this ride with me and please let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment