Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The reason I love reading

I think that books fall into our hands for a reason. There is something that we take away from reading a book that changes the way we think or feel about something. I always learn something or it stimulates my interest in a certain topic. This is how I realise that a book is good and is effective. If I've learnt something from the book or it's stimulated an interest in a topic than I meant to read the book at that time for a reason.

So many times I have a read a book that has helped me deal with something that was happening in my life. Whether its good or bad, books help you grow and deal with issues in your own way. It's like getting inside the authors head and seeing his or her perspective on an issue. In my opinion it's similar to counselling but it is done in your own time at your own pace. The beauty is we only see what we want to see. Which means that great books can be re-read over and over because there is always something that we haven't picked up and never realised until we were ready for it.

Anyway, this is why I love reading and my book reviews will reflect this. I'm not going to tell you the storyline of the books, because I know you still want to read it, but I'll tell you how it made me feel and what I've learnt from them.

Talk soon :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " Books take you everywhere without moving an inch " << I read somewhere !!!

    I so much like your book reviews , they are just stimulating .

    ReplyDelete