Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult


This is one of the best books I have read in a long time.

At first I was a bit hesitant to read it as my friend who read it before me said it was very depressing and I wasn't sure if I was in the mood to read something sad. I just started to flip through the first pages and got hooked immediately. You definately didn't have to wait to get into it.

Even though the book was based on a very sad and tragic story, it was terrific.
The characters were outstanding, I loved the writing style used by the writer as you got everybody's perspective and really got to know them individualy.
The storyline isn't something I have really thought about before, and it really opened my eyes to the whole situation and gave me a new perspective. I love books that make you think about topics you haven't been subjected to before and open your eyes.
My favourite character was Anna and it was interesting reading about the relationship she had with her mother. I also sympathised with the mother and even though she was supposedly the bad guy, you could feel the horrifying situation she has had to deal with as a mother.

All in all 5/5.

Lesson Learnt:
I am becoming a donor.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved this book so much, I remember I couldn't stop reading throughout the whole process.
    I recently bought another book by Jodi Picoult, NINETEEN MINUTES, which also seems as an excellent book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nineteen Minutes is also on my to read list. She is becoming one of my favourite authors.

    ReplyDelete