Friday, September 24, 2010

Frankenstein - Mary Shelley


I connected with this book on an intense scale. This is the book that started a phenomenon and now I know why. Being generation X you only know about the crappy movies and never realise the brilliance and magic of the book that started it all has. I'm so glad I read this book and realised it's greatness. The beauty of it is, that I went into this book with trepidation and such low expectations that each page just drew me in more and more and I was in such shock of it's magnificence. It's so deep and emotional it's really speaks to you. Where the movies just focused on the grotesqueness of the monster, the book deals with the emotions and feelings of the monster and it draws you in as it highlights these emotions that we as humans can relate to.
I loved Mary's writing style and have added more books of hers to my list. It had such a nice flow and in my opinion she is a really talented writer and storyteller.

I don’t want to give too much away because I really think that everyone should give it a go and read it, if you already haven't. Maybe you were living in oblivion like me and had no idea how great this book is. So hopefully I have convinced you to read it and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised as I cherished every page of this book and will be adding it to my collection of favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment