Friday, September 17, 2010

Water for Elephants - Sarah Gruen


As soon as I started this book I knew I was going to love it. And love it I did. I got hooked right from the beginning. All I wanted to do is read this book. Work, sleep, food and showers all just got in the way. Sarah just created a beautiful story with amazing characters. The characters were so real and lovable you would have thought you knew them your whole life. I haven’t read a book that I loved like this in a long time. And it’s hard to put my finger on what about it I loved. I guess it was just the Vibe. (If your from Australia you will understand my little joke there).
Maybe it was the animals or the circus, but the storyline was brilliant. Also the future flashes blended in well. It gave it a more realistic tone. Plus it built up the suspense as you wanted to know who he ended up marrying and wondering what in the end happened.
You know how you read a book and think, oh I would have done that bit differently, or i don’t like the ending. Basically there’s some flaw in it, either small or large that makes you think that you can’t give it five starts. Well for me this book is perfect. And to me it deserves five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment